Troubleshoot Wireless Printer Showing Offline Mac Issue
Do these checks initially:
Sometimes your Mac can't send documents to your printer, which is usually a quick task. Then you’ll notice the system reporting that the printer is in offline status and does not process your print job. This issue usually occurs when the printer is not communicating with your Mac. In most cases, basic troubleshooting steps can easily resolve the Wireless Printer Showing Offline Mac problem. However, in some cases, you'll need to reset the printing system and reinstall your printer.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Wireless Printer offline gets resolved.
Resolve The issue
Here Are The Basic Troubleshooting Steps:
- Ensure all of the connections between your printer, router, and Mac. Check if the cables are plugged into the right ports.
- Check if the printer is turned on.
- Ensure there are no paper jams inside the printer tray. Also, check if the printer has enough paper for printing.
- If the Low Ink message is displayed on your printer, replace the ink cartridges. Most printers don't accept third-party ink cartridges.
- Look for software updates; if any available, click on the Apple menu and select Software Update to install.
- Click the Apple menu icon and click Restart.
- Click on System Preferences and select Print & Scan. Double-click on your printer that is showing offline from the Printer list. Look for a yellow light that appears next to the printer.
- Click on the Resume option.
- Open a document or image and try to print by pressing Ctrl + P.
- Click Change and choose your printer from the list and then click Print.
- If the above steps didn’t help to fix Wireless Printer Showing Offline Mac, try resetting the printer system.
Check if the Wireless Printer Showing Offline Mac issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
Create an IP connection manually
- Click the Apple menu icon and select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Ctrl key and right-click in the Printer list.
- Select Reset Printing System.
- Click the Add [+] button and select your printer if it appears; otherwise, click Add Printer or Scanner.
- Select your printer from the list and click Add. Wait for the printer to be added to your Mac.
- Now, begin using your printer again.
If the Wireless Printer offline issue persists even after setting your printer as default, contact us.