Ricoh printer offline wireless
Follow The Steps Solve Ricoh printer offline wireless
Ricoh printers are known for providing high-quality printing and are easy to use for daily printing tasks. With the help of the Ricoh printers, you can perform multiple functions like printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. Though Ricoh printers are pretty much capable of performing numerous tasks, at times, you might witness that the printer gets to an offline state or not printing well. This could be due to many known to unknown reasons, like technical glitches that no one can avoid. Here, we have provided various troubleshooting steps that will help you solve the Ricoh printer offline wireless issue.
REVIEW THE PRINTER CONNECTIONS:
- The first and foremost step one needs to do is checking the overall connections.
- It would be best to examine the wiring from the router, printer, modem, and even from the PC to verify that the connections are alright.
- Power off the Ricoh printer and remove the USB cable from the rear end of the printer.
- Wait for a few minutes and plug the connections back in.
- Press the P ower button to turn on the printer.
- Now, check whether the printer is able to perform all the printing operations using any of the connection types (Wired or Wireless).
- If your printer supports Wi-Fi Direct, then connect the printer with your network device and perform the printing operation using the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- If the printer is able to perform all the tasks correctly, then you are good to go.
CHANGE THE RICOH PRINTER SETTINGS:
- Try to change the printer settings irrespective of the wired or wireless connection setup.
- Go to the Start button. From there, click on the search bar and type Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, locate the Devices and Printers option.
- Click on it and verify that your Ricoh printer is selected as the default printer.
- Once done, right-click on the printer icon and choose the See what's printing option from the drop-down menu.
- If there are any pending jobs, try to remove the unfinished tasks.
- If you notice that the Use Printer Offline option is selected, then uncheck it.
- Now, try to connect the Ricoh printer with your network device and see whether all the printer operations are working fine without any issues.
RESTART THE SPOOLER SERVICE USING COMMAND PROMPT:
Usually, the printer won't function properly if the spooler service is not running appropriately.
In most cases, it is identified that the offline error can be resolved if the user turns restarts the Print spooler service.
First, hold the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
In the search bar, type the command services.msc and hit Enter.
When the service window appears on your window screen, search for Print Spooler service.
From the drop-down menu, click on the Restart option.
Check whether the Ricoh Printer offline error is rectified or not.
If not, then follow the below troubleshooting steps.
SOME OF THE OTHER TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- Remove and re-add the printer with your network device.
- Sometimes, rebooting your device will sort out the Printer offline issue.
- Try power-cycling the printer at least two to three times.
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest printer drivers.
- Ensure that the printer drivers are updated from time to time.
- Look for any physical damage to the USB cable.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted.
- Also, make sure that all the devices are placed within the Wi-Fi range (for a Wi-Fi network) with minimal to no interference.
- If you are still unable to get rid of the Ricoh printer offline problem, you can contact our support team for more clarifications.