Network Printer Offline Xp
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps
Generally, when your printer is not configured correctly or the printer driver installation is incomplete, there is a chance for the Printer Offline issue to occur. Other common issues like Printer not turned on, printer and the computer not being connected to the same network, and incorrect printer driver installation might also lead to the Printer Offline issue. Some network printers come with an offline mode button built-in. Scroll down this page to know how to resolve the Network Printer Offline XP.
Turn off the offline mode
- Check whether there is an offline mode button on your printer’s control panel.
- If yes, check whether it is turned ON or OFF.
- In case the offline mode button is turned on, disable it to resolve the printer offline issue.
- If you encounter the Printer Offline issue on XP even after the offline mode is turned off, then try the next solution given below.
Check the connection
- Check the connectivity between your Network Printer and the Windows XP computer.
- Make sure that the USB cable is connected securely between the printer and your Windows XP computer.
- If the cable that you’re using for the connectivity is damaged or not working, then replace it with a new one.
- Try to connect the cable to the other USB ports on your Windows XP computer.
Enable the “Use Printer Online” option
- On your Windows XP computer, click the Start
- Select Settings > Control Panel > Printers & Faxes.
In the Printer & Faxes window, highlight and right-click on your network printer.
Enable the Use Printer Online
Now, check if the Network Printer Offline Issue XP is resolved on your XP computer. If not, perform the next solution.
Reinstall the printer
Remove the network printer from your Windows XP computer and re-add it.
Removing the printer
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Printers & Faxes.
- Select your network printer in the Printers and Faxes
- Click on the Delete this printer
Reinstalling the printer
- In the Printers & Faxes window, click the Add a printer command line under the Printer Tasks
- Perform the on-screen instructions to reinstall the network printer on your Windows XP computer.
Reinstall the printer driver
Uninstall the network printer driver and then reinstall it on your Windows XP computer.
Uninstalling the printer driver
- Open the Control Panel
- Click the Add Remove Programs
- Choose your network printer’s software and click Change/Remove.
Reinstalling the printer driver
- Download Network Printer Driver from the printer’s official site.
- Open the driver file and install software by following the on-screen prompts.
- After installing the driver, check if the network printer offline on XP issue is resolved.
If the Network Printer Offline XP issue persists, contact us.