Mac Pro Printer Offline
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps
If you see “The Printer is not responding or offline” message when you try to print from your Mac Pro, you can understand that there is an issue with the printer. Perform the following step-by-step instructions to fix Mac Pro Printer Offline issue.
Check for the following points
- Check if your printer is in sleep mode. If so, wake it.
- If the printer is not powered up, press the Power button.
- Ensure that you have loaded enough paper into the input tray.
- Make sure that the ink or toner cartridges are installed correctly.
- Check for any errors on the printer’s display panel. If you find any, fix them by following the instructions as shown on the display panel.
Power cycle your printer
- Unplug the power cord from your printer.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Restart your computer and power up the printer.
- Print again and check if the Printer Offline problem has been resolved on Mac Pro.
- If the issue persists, proceed with the following troubleshooting steps.
Reset the printing system
- On the home screen, navigate to the Apple logo and click it.
- Choose the System Preferences option from the pop-up menu.
- Select the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click somewhere on the screen.
- Or else, click anywhere on the screen while pressing the Control key on the keyboard.
- Click the Reset printing system button followed by the Reset
- When prompted for administrator login details, enter them correctly in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK and wait until the process completes.
- Add your printer again and ensure that the offline problem has been resolved on Mac Pro.
If the Mac Pro Printer Offline Error persists, You can get help from our technical panel by clicking the Call