Lexmark Printer Offline Windows 10
Get Back Lexmark Printer Online
Your printer not turning online can be frustrating. Do not scrap your printer or make a plan to get a new one. The issue can be sorted by following the steps mentioned on this page to fix Lexmark Printer Offline Windows 10 issue. Read and execute the methods.
Reasons For Printer Offline
The printer turning offline usually indicates that your printer is not in a state to communicate with the computer. The offline issue stops the functioning of the printer. There can be various reasons which can affect the printer:
- Connection issues
- Outdated or corrupted Lexmark printer driver
- Incomplete printer driver installation
- Paper jam issues
- Stalled print queue
Lexmark Printer Troubleshooting Steps
Power Cycle Printer
- Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Keep the printer idle for three to five minutes.
- Now, plug in the printer to the electrical outlet and turn it on.
- If your printer is connected to a USB, check for damage to the USB cable.
- In case your printer is connected to a wireless network, then ensure the network connectivity.
- Now, connect the printer and your computer to the same network.
- Check whether the Lexmark printer turn online on Windows 10 computer.
The printer spooler helps your computer interact with the printer. Your printer throws a warning message if the tool is corrupted or fails to interact with other software. If you notice an error message on the printer spooler or your printer, then execute the steps below:
Restart Printer Spooler
- Press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously on your computer.
- Type MSC and click Enter.
- Select the Printer Spooler and check its status.
- If you don't see the status as running, then right-click on the Printer Spooler option and select Start from the drop-down list.
- If you still do not find the status as running, restart Printer Spooler.
- Right-click on the Printer Spooler option and select Restart.
- Now, check whether the offline printer issue is resolved.
Update Printer Driver
- An outdated or corrupted printer driver can trigger the offline printer issue. Remove the previously installed printer driver on your computer.
Visit the Lexmark official page and click on the Support tab followed by Drivers and Downloads. Enter the printer name/model number and hit Submit. Choose the appropriate printer from the list.
- If prompted, select OS (Windows 10), choose the driver you want to download, and click on the Download button.
- Extract the downloaded application, follow the on-screen instructions, and connect the computer and printer.
- The Lexmark printer offline issue must be resolved by now. If the issue persists, then contact our technical team for any assistance.
If your Lexmark printer is connected to Wi-Fi but printer remains offline, follow the steps and methods provided on this page to resolve the issue.
Lexmark Printer Connected To Wi-fi But Offline
- Turn on your printer and make sure that the printer is not in sleep mode.
- Check for any indications or errors or alert messages on the printer's control panel. If there is any, then resolve the issue first.
- You should have connected the printer and computer to the same network.
- If the computer is not connected to the same network as your printer, then you won’t be able to print.
- Print a test page on the printer to make sure there is no issue with it.
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to the Control Panel and access the printer driver.
- If the Use Printer Offline option is enabled, then this might be the reason for the issue. Make sure you disable this feature.
- Also, make sure to clear the pending print jobs from the print queue.
- Finally, set the Lexmark printer connected to Wi-Fi as the default printer and then see if the offline issue is fixed.
- If the Lexmark Printer Offline Windows 10 issue seems to be not fixed, contact our support team for remote assistance.