Lexmark Printer Offline iPhone Error - Troubleshooting Steps
Get Back Lexmark Printer Online
Most Lexmark printers provide standard connectivity options like USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct, and mobile printing support using the Apple Airprint and Mopria services. But at times, you might witness that the printer is in an offline state. One of the main reasons could be due to connection failure between the printer and your device (iPhone). Furthermore, due to internal errors, the printer might stop functioning or tend to misbehave with the given commands. Here we have provided various troubleshooting steps that will help you solve the Lexmark Printer Offline iPhone error.
SOME OF THE COMMON REASONS FOR THE PRINTER OFFLINE ISSUE:
- Verify that your Lexmark printer is not in the paused or offline state.
- Cross-check whether you have left any tapes without peeling them off the printer.
- Check if the ink cartridges, ink bottles, or toner cartridges are installed appropriately.
- Also, ensure that these cartridges are not empty.
- Some of the other reasons could be a damaged USB cable, an issue with the print spooler service, and so on.
- Sometimes, the error could be due to a paper jam.
- If your Lexmark printer has a display screen, then the error message will be displayed on the screen.
- You can go through the error message and sort it out as soon as possible.
HAVE A LOOK AT THE PHYSICAL CONNECTIONS:
Power off the Lexmark printer and check the cables.
If the wires are damaged in some way, replace them with new ones.
If your printer supports Wi-Fi Direct, establish a connection between your printer and the iPhone wirelessly.
Apart from this, you can use the Apple AirPrint to check if the printer works.
If the printer is able to perform all the printing functions, then the Lexmark Printer Offline iPhone issue is solved.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- As a part of the troubleshooting step, try to reboot your iPhone device.
- Try power cycling the Lexmark printer at least two to three times.
- Remove and re-add the printer on your iPhone device.
- Make sure that the printer and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you have trouble using AirPrint, then update the iPhone to its latest version.
- If your Lexmark printer accesses the Internet through an Ethernet cable, then make sure that the Ethernet cable is firmly inserted into the printer's port.
- Cross-verify that your router is emitting signals at regular intervals.
- Also, make sure that the Lexmark printer, iPhone, and router are placed within the range.
Still, if you are not able to get rid of the Lexmark Printer Offline iPhone issue, you can call us for remote assistance.