Follow Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Generally, if your HP printer is turned OFF while performing the print operation, then there is a chance for this issue to occur. So, as soon as the Printer Offline message is displayed on your computer screen, check whether the printer is turned ON. If not, turn it ON.
- Make sure that your HP printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Check if you have selected your HP printer correctly when configuring the print settings. If not, select it correctly and then try to perform the print operation.
If you encounter the Printer Offline issue even after performing the basic solutions mentioned above, then perform the advanced troubleshooting methods discussed below.
Advanced Troubleshooting Methods
Follow Advance Troubleshooting Steps
Use HP Print And Scan Doctor Tool
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool from HP’sofficial site.After downloading the tool, open it on your computer.
- On the Allow HP to Better Meet your needs screen, click the Accept
- Click the Start button on the HP Print and Scan Doctor .Make sure that your HP printer is turned ON.
- Now, the HP printers that are connected to your computer will be displayed on the screen. Select the HP printer that you wish to troubleshoot from the displayed list.
- If your HP printer is not displayed on the screen, then click the My product is not listed button provided at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to select your printer.Once the HP printer has been detected correctly by the tool, the Finding and Fixing Problems screen will open up.
- Click the Fix printing .Now, the tool will try to detect the printer issue(s) and resolve it.
- Once the issue has been resolved, the window with the Test Print and Skip buttons will appear on the screen.
- Click either Test Print or Skip based on your desire.
Now, check if the HP printer offline Windows 10 is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method.
Enable The Printer Online Option
Open the Settings application on your Windows 10 computer.
Click on the Printers & Scanners
Select your HP printer and click the Open queue
Deselect the Use Printer Offline option if it is selected.
Set HP printer As Default Printer
- On the Printers & Scanner screen, select your HP printer.
- Click the Open queue
- Go to the Printers
- Select theSet as Default printer
- Now, check if the Printer Offline issue is resolved.
If still the HP printer offline Windows 10 issue persists, then contact us.