HP Printer Offline Solution
Follow Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Make sure that your HP Printer is turned on and ready to perform the print operation.
Check whether any error message is displayed on your printer screen.
If yes, perform the necessary solutions to fix it.
Make sure that the paper tray of your printer has enough paper and the ink cartridges or toners are installed properly.
Restart your HP Printer and the computer.
Check if your Mac computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
Make sure that you have selected your HP printer correctly while configuring the print operation.
If these solutions don’t resolve the HP Printer keeps going Offline Mac, then perform the advanced methods given below.
Run HP Smart Diagnose & Fix
- On your Mac computer, open the HP Smart app.
- Go to the Printers section.
- Click on the Diagnose & Fix option.
- Now, the Diagnose & Fix screen will open.
- Click the Start button.
- Now, the diagnostic tool will try to detect and resolve the problem.
- Once the issue is resolved, try to perform the print operation from your Mac computer.
Still, if your HP Printer is offline, click the call button to turn HP Printer from Offline to Online.
Re-add HP Printer
If the diagnostic tool fails to resolve the printer offline issue, then remove and re-add the HP printer on your Mac computer. To do so, follow the below instructions.
Removing the printer:
- Go to the System Preferences window.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners, Print and Fax, or Print & Scan option.
- Locate and highlight your HP printer.
- Now, remove the selected printer by clicking on the Minus sign available in the Printers & Scanners dialog box.
- In the pop-up dialog box, click on the Delete Printer button.
Re-adding the printer
- In the Printers & Scanners dialog box, click on the plus sign.
- Now, a list of printers available nearby your Mac computer will be displayed on the screen.
- Locate and select your HP printer.
- From the Use drop-down menu, select the AirPrint option.
- Click on the Add button.
Now, try to print from your Mac computer. If the HP printer is still offline, then perform the next method.
Reset Printer System
- In the Printers & Scanners window of your Mac computer, select the HP printer that is offline.
- Now, right-click anywhere in the blank area of the Printers section.
- Choose the Reset printing system option.
- Click on the Reset button.
- If prompted, type your Mac computer credentials.
- Once the printer system is restored, re-add your printer.
If the solutions given here fail to resolve the HP Printer Offline Mac issue, contact our technical experts to get remote assistance in resolving it.