HP Photosmart D110 Series Printer Offline
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps
Is your HP Photosmart D110 Series Printer Offline? Check if your printer has been turned on. If it is in Sleep mode, press the buttons on the printer’s control panel to wake up the printer. If the error remains unsolved after restarting your printer, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue from your Windows computer.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer’s connectivity
On your computer, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool from the official HP site.
In the Downloads folder on your computer and double-click the exe file to run the diagnostic tool.
Click Start in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window and select your printer from the displayed list.
If you are asked to turn on printer updates, click Yes .
When you are asked to make your printer the default one, click Yes and try printing a test page to check if the HP Photosmart D110 series printer offline issue has been resolved.
If the problem persists, moveon to the next solution.
Manually set your printer as the default printer
- Ensure that your HP Photosmart D110 Series Printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- On your computer, launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘control’ in the Run dialog box and click OK to launch the Control Panel .
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window and locate your printer’s icon.
- After locating your HP Photosmart D110 series printer’s icon, right-click on it and select the Set as Default Printer
- Verify that a green tick mark is present on the printer’s icon after setting it as the default printer.
- Once again, right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
This will fix the HP Photosmart D110 Series Printer Offline issue.