Troubleshoot HP Officejet Pro 8035 Printer Offline Issue
Do Checks Initially:
If your HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 printer is offline, check the basics first. You need to verify that your printer has enough paper and sufficient ink to print. On your computer, go to Devices and Printers, and right-click on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 printer. From the displayed options, select See what’s printing. In the print queue, make sure that the checkboxes for Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline options are not selected. If you cannot resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8035 Printer Offline issue yet, move to the following sections.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error HP Officejet Pro 8035 Printer Offline gets resolved.
The HP Print and Scan Doctor app
- The HP Print and Scan Doctor app/tool is the best option to help you with printer issues. It diagnoses the problems and gives you the appropriate solution.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor app from HP’s official website and install it on your computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor app and click on the Start option. It will start to look for the nearby printers. From the list of available printers, select HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 and click on the Fix Printing option.
Set HP OfficeJet Pro 5255 as the default printer
- On your computer, click Start and go to Devices and Printers. Check whether HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 printer is set as the default printer.
- If not, set your HP printer as the default one and check whether you have resolved the issue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed and resolve your issue in no time. But, if you cannot fix your problem yet, move to the next section.
Create an IP connection manually
- On your printer, press the Wireless and Information buttons at the same time to print the network configuration page. The network configuration page can give you the complete data of your printer’s network connection.
- Check the data under 802.11 Wireless, make sure that the Status is connected. If it is not connected, it indicates that your printer is not connected to the Internet connection. Establish an Internet connection to your printer and check whether you can print now.
- Take a note of the IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and the URL of your printer. If you find the numbers for IPv4 and IPv6, ignore IPv6 and note down IPv4 alone.
- Under General Information, locate the URL for Embedded Web Server and make a note of it.
- Confirm that your computer and the printer are connected to the same network. On your computer’s default browser, enter the URL in the search field and press Enter. Now, you will be taken to the Embedded Web server page. On the EWS page, go to the Networking tab. In the Wireless menu option, select IPv4. Then, click on Manual IP. Enter the IP Address, Default Gateway, and Subnet Mask, which you have already noted.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and wait till the changes are implemented.
By trying out the steps mentioned above, you can resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8035 Printer Offline issue. If you cannot resolve it yet, you can reach out to us.