HP Envy Printer Offline Mac
Steps To Get HP Envy Printer Online
Most HP printers provide standard connectivity options like USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct, and mobile printing support using the Apple Airprint and Mopria print services. But at times, you might witness that the printer goes to an offline state and never comes back online. One of the reasons could be due to miscommunication between the printer and the network device. Furthermore, due to internal errors, the printer might stop functioning or tend to misbehave with the given commands. Here we have provided various troubleshooting steps that will help you solve the HP Envy Printer Offline Mac computer. Do follow the whole article carefully.
COMMON TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:
- Checking the overall printer connections is one of the best troubleshooting steps.
- A damaged cable can also lead to an offline printer issue.
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that your printer is connected to the right network.
- Ensure that your PC’s firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- HP also recommends checking the printer’s LCD screen for any possible error messages.
- If you haven’t changed the cartridge system for quite a long time, then change it right away.
- Sometimes, the printer offline issue could be due to a paper jam.
- If that is the case, then gently pull the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- Once you have checked all the printer connections, run a print test.
RESET THE HP ENVY PRINTER:
Sometimes, little actions make a big difference. Likewise, resetting the printer could sort out the printer offline issue.
- First, turn off your printer and disconnect it from the power cord.
- Leave the printer as it is for about 60 seconds.
- Connect the power cord and turn on your HP printer.
- Now check whether the HP Envy Printer Offline Mac issue persists or is gone.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
- If you haven’t updated your printer drivers for a long time, then there are high chances for the occurrence of printer offline error.
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Select System preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Click Software Update.
- Install any software updates listed for your HP Envy printer.
RESETTING THE MAC PRINTING SYSTEM:
If nothing really works out for you, you can reset the printing settings, but this will delete all the printers and scanners queue devices.
First, click the Apple menu.
Click on the System Preferences option.
Click on printers & Scanners.
Click the blank space in the printer's list and then click the Reset printing system.
Click Reset to confirm the same.
If prompted, type in your Administrator Username and password, then click OK.
DISABLE THE FIREWALL ON YOUR PC:
- If you have other firewall software enabled, try to disable it on your PC.
- If you are unaware of how to disable it, contact your firewall provider to get more help.
REMOVE AND RE_ADD THE PRINTER:
- Click the Apple logo.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
- Highlight the printer that you want to remove from your PC.
- Click the Minus sign – at the bottom of the list of printers.
- Click Delete Printer.
- Click the Plus sign +.
- Select your HP Envy printer from the list.
- Select AirPrint from the drop-down menu, and then click Add.
The above steps would definitely help you in solving theHP Envy Printer Offline Mac issue. If not, then do call our technicians to get the best help possible.