Solved: HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline
Simple Steps To Solve HP Envy 6255 Offline
A printer being offline or paused is a common issue encountered by many users. If you're encountering the offline printer issue with your HP Envy 6255 printer, then scroll down this page to know how to fix HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline error.
Initially, try the following simple solutions to fix the 'offline printer' issue.
- Turn on your HP Envy 6255 printer.
- Make sure that your printer setup is done correctly and the printer is ready for the print operation.
- Make sure that you have installed your printer driver correctly on the connected computer.
- Reconfigure the printer settings if they are configured wrongly.
- Re-perform the network configuration between your printer and the computer if necessary.
- Similarly, restart the printer if necessary.
After performing the above-mentioned simple solutions, check whether the offline printer issue is resolved. If not, perform the advanced methods given below.
Based on your OS type, the advanced methods might vary.
Using the HP diagnostic tool
- Initially, turn on your HP printer.
- Next, check whether there is enough paper in the paper tray. If not, load enough paper and then follow the below instructions.
- On your Windows computer, install and open the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool.
- Click Start and when prompted, choose the HP printer that you wish to troubleshoot.
- After selecting the printer, click on the Fix Printing button and follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the offline printer issue.
Set your printer as default
- On your Windows computer, open the Printers & Scanners window.
- Click Let Windows manage my default printer and select the HP printer that is idle or online.
- Now, click the Manage button followed by Set as default.
Configuring the IP connection manually
If your connection type is wireless, then create an IP connection manually on your printer's EWS. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Initially, gather the following information of your printer: wireless status, IP address, Subnet Mask, Default gateway, and URL. You can get these details by printing the Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Result page.
- Next, open a browser on your computer and type the printer's URL in the search field.
Once you reach the printer's EWS page, go to the Network or Networking tab and select the Wireless menu.
Click on the IPv4 Configuration option followed by Manual IP.
Configure the manual IP address correctly and click Apply.
Now, check if the HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline issue is resolved.
Using the HP Smart Diagnose & Fix
- Initially, make sure that your HP printer is turned on.
- Next, open the HP Smart app on your Mac computer.
- Go to the Printers tab and click on the Diagnose & Fix option followed by the Start button.
- Run the diagnosis by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Re-adding the printer
Most of the HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline errors can be resolved easily by re-adding the printer to your computer. To re-add the HP Envy 6255 printer on your Mac computer, follow the instructions given below.
- On the Printers & Scanners screen, select the HP Envy printer that you want to remove from the Printers list.
- Click on the minus button to remove the selected printer.
- Now, re-add the removed printer by clicking the plus button.
- Choose the printer that you wish to add, and from the Use drop-down menu, select the AirPrint option.
- Click Add.
Reset the print system
- Open the Printers & Scanners window.
- Now, right-click on the blank area.
- Select the Reset printing system option from the Context menu.
- Click Reset -> OK.
- Now, the configured printer settings will be cleared and the printer will be removed from the printer's list.
- Re-add your HP Envy printer by clicking the Plus button.
After re-adding the printer, check if the HP Envy 6255 Printer Offline issue is resolved. If not, contact us.