Troubleshoot HP Envy 5020 Printer Offline Issue
Do these checks initially:
If you cannot print continuously from a computer to your HP Envy 5020 printer, then there are chances that your printer might be offline. In most cases, the HP Envy 5020 printer goes offline when there is a connection issue. To troubleshoot this issue, we have given few solutions below. Go through these steps and bring your printer back online.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error HP Envy 5020 Printer Offline gets resolved.
Check the printer status on your computer
- If you have connected your printer and computer via a USB cable, check if the cable is firmly plugged at both end ports.
- If necessary, disconnect and reconnect the cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- For a wireless connection, check the Wi-Fi status from the wireless light on the printer control panel.
- Alternatively, you can press the Wireless icon followed by Settings on the printer touchscreen panel. Then select Print Reports Wireless Test Report.
- Wait until the wireless test report is printed.
- Check the wireless settings and connection status from the printed report.
- If there is a HP Envy 5020 Printer offline problem with your local wireless network, restart the router and reconnect the printer to it.
Check if the HP Envy printer offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
Check the printer settings in the Windows Control Panel
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘control’ in the search bar. Hit the Enter key and click to open Control Panel from the search result.
- Click the Devices and Printers tab in the Control Panel window.
- Right-click your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Clear all the pending print jobs by selecting each of them and clicking Cancel.
- Click the Printer tab at the top-left corner.
- Deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Close all the windows and check if your printer has been set as default on your computer. If not so, right-click the printer icon and select the Set as default printer option.
- This will fix the printer offline issue.
- In case your HP Envy 5020 printer is offline even after going through these troubleshooting steps, try restarting the Print Spooler service on your computer.
To get remote assistance in resolving the HP Envy 5020 Printer offline issue, contact us.