Troubleshoot HP Envy 5000 Printer Offline Issue
Do These Checks Initially:
Before performing the advanced methods, try the easy, quick, and simple solutions given below.
- Initially, make sure that your HP Envy 5000 printer is turned on.
- To perform the print operation from your computer to the printer, both devices should be connected to the same network.
- Restart your HP printer and the computer.
- Be sure that you have installed your printer drive correctly on the computer.
- If necessary, reinstall the printer driver on your computer to solve HP Envy 5000 Printer Offline.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Envy Printer offline gets resolved.
Set your HP printer as the default printer
If you haven’t set your HP Envy 5000 printer as the default printer on your computer, then there is a chance for the HP Envy 5000 Printer Offline issue to occur. Set your printer as the default printer by following the below instructions.
- Open the Printers & Scanners window on your Windows 10 computer and click Add a printer or scanner.
- Now, disable the Let Windows manage my default printer option if it is enabled.
- Under the Printers & Scanner section, choose the HP printer that you wish to set as the default one.
- Click on the Manage button followed by Set as default.
Check if the HP Envy printer offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
Create a new TCP/IP port
If your HP printer uses a WSD port, then create a standard TCP/IP port for your printer. Before creating the port, check whether your printer uses the WSD port. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- In the Devices and Printers window, select and right-click on your HP printer.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Go to the Ports tab of the Printer Properties dialog box.
- If the WSD port is selected, then it means your printer uses it. Now create a new TCP/IP port by following the below instructions.
- Otherwise, skip this method and go to the next one.
Creating the TCP/IP Port
- Open the Services window.
- Now, check your printer’s status and startup type in the Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication service lists.
- After checking them, view your printer’s current status in the Devices & Printer window using the F5 button.
- Print your printer’s Network Configuration Report.
- Select and right-click on your printer.
- Go to the Ports tab.
- Click Add Port > Standard TCP/IP port > New Port.
See if the HP Envy 5000 printer offline issue has been fixed.
Use Troubleshooting Tool
- Install and open the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool on your computer.
- Click the Start button.
- When prompted, choose your printer.
- Click the Fix printing problem option.
- Perform the troubleshooting suggestions displayed on the screen to clear the HP Envy 5000 printer offline.
To get remote assistance in resolving the HP Envy 5000 printer offline issue, contact us.