Troubleshoot HP Deskjet 2766 Printer Offline Issue
Do Checks Initially:
HP DeskJet 2776 is a wireless All-in-One printer that ensures simple setup and printing. With HP Smart, setting up and using the printer has become easier than before.
Now, over a period of use, you might experience the printer going through some hard times. One such issue is the HP DeskJet 2776 Printer Offline status. There are a lot of methods to resolve the issue once and for all. Before going to the actual methods, consider checking the following steps.
Troubleshooting Steps For HP Deskjet 2776 Printer Going Offline
- See if the printer is getting the proper power source it needs. The issue could also be due to power failure or low voltage.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and see if the printer works again.
- Check the printer status lights and see if there are any errors with the printer (paper jam or ink level).
- Properly connect the printer to the wireless network.
- If you are using a wired connection (USB), you need to check if the USB cable is properly secured between the printer and the computer. Replace the USB cable if it appears to be damaged.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error HP DeskJet 2776 Printer Offline gets resolved.
Resolve The issue
Set HP Deskjet 2776 Printer As Default
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP DeskJet 2776 printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- Click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP DeskJet 2776 printer that is offline from the list of printers on the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- At the bottom, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the HP printer from the list.
Check if the HP Deskjet 2776 Printer Offline issue is resolved. If not, perform the next troubleshooting method discussed below.
METHOD 2: DELETE PRINT JOBS
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- Select the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP DeskJet 2776 printer from the printer list.
- Click on the Open queue button.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
- Click the Apple icon.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option and click Open Print Queue.
- Select the print jobs that are useless and click on the Cancel button.
METHOD 3: CLEAR PAPER JAMS
Jam in the input tray:
- Remove all the paper present inside the paper input tray.
- Lift and hold the input shield; use a flashlight and look for paper jams.
- Locate and gently take out the jammed paper from the slot and close the input shield in the input tray.
Jam in the output tray:
- Remove the paper from the output tray.
- Use a flashlight, look inside, and remove the jammed paper present inside.
- Also, make sure to remove the foreign objects and other pieces of paper.
Jam in the cartridge access area:
- Press the Cancel button to halt the current print job.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and look for the jammed paper and gently remove it from the slot.
When you clear the paper jams, the HP DeskJet 2776 printer will no longer be offline.
METHOD 4: UNINSTALL THE ANTIVIRUS ON YOUR COMPUTER
METHOD 5: DISABLE THE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the option Devices and Printers.
- You will see a list of printers.
- Do a right-click on the HP DeskJet 2776 printer.
- Select the option See what’s printing.
- Click the Printer tab.
- If you see a checkmark next to the option Use Printer Offline, click to deselect it.
- The HP DeskJet 2776 printer will not be offline anymore.
METHOD 6: START PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE (WINDOWS)
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service and do a right-click on it.
- Select the Start option.
Kindly read the methods as described on this page so that you will no longer face the HP DeskJet 2776 Printer Offline status.