HP 4500 Printer Keeps Going Offline
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps
If you see the Offline or Printer Offline message on your computer’s screen repeatedly, it means the printer is unable to connect to the computer or the printer is not recognized by the computer. If your HP 4500 Printer Keeps Going Offline, carry out the following simple steps to fix the issue.
Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
Access the official HP page and Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
Double-click theexe file.
When the tool opens, click Start -> Yes -> Yes .
Try printing and check if the error has been resolved. If not, have a view on HP Printer Offline and proceed further.
Set as the default printer
- Enter devices in the search box and select the Printers & scanners option.
- Deselect the Let Windows manage my default printer checkbox.
- Choose your printer and click Manage -> Set as default .
Continue with the following steps if the HP 4500 printer keeps going offline even now.
Check for the printer port
- Launchthe Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Once you click View devices and printers , the Devices and Printers window will open.
- Right-click the HP 4500 Printer icon and select the Printer Properties option.
- In the Ports tab, make sure that your printer uses the correct WSD port. If so, continue with the following steps.
- If the printer does not use the correct WSD port, troubleshoot the connection issues.
Check for the Windows services status
Open the Services
Check if theFunction Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication services are running. Also, make sure to set the Startup Type to Automatic .
If still the HP 4500 Printer Keeps Going Offline now, you can get in touch with our technical experts for more solutions and assistance.