Follow basic troubleshooting Steps
Check all the cable connections whether they are attached firmly.
If there are any paper jams, remove the stuck paper fromthe printer.
If you have connected the printer and computer using a USB cable, check both the ends of the cable.
For a wired connection, check whether the Ethernet cable is fixed firmly.
For a wireless connection, make sure that the printer is connected to your router. Also, ensure to connect your computerto the same network.
Try using a different cable and check whether your printer is working.
Still, if your printer is offline, go to your computer, click on the Start icon, and then click Control Panel.
Still, If Your Printer Is Offline
- Still, if your printer is offline, go to your computer, click on the Start icon, and then click Control Panel.
- Go to theDevices and Printers window and right-click on your printer.
- Select theSee what’s printing option from the displayed list.
- Go to thePrinter menu and select the Use Printer Online option from the drop-down list.
- Right-click on the printer and choose theSee what’s printing
- If you find any print jobs, cancel the current jobs.
- Now, select theUse Printer Online option again and verify whether the printer turns
- Reboot your computer and printer to turn the computer online.
- If the issue persists, reinstall the printer driver.Make sure that you download the printer driver from the official site of the printer.
Still, if your printer is offline, click the call button to turn printer from offline to online.