[Solved]Epson ET 2750 Printer Offline
Follow The Steps Solve Epson ET 2750 Printer Keeps Going Offline
If you have successfully made all the configurations and plugged in the connections properly, eventually, you can escape from many printer problems. So, it is always recommended to take time while setting up a new printer. One of the most repetitive issues that most users face these days is the printer offline issue. The root cause could be due to miscommunication between the printer and the network device. This guide provides some of the troubleshooting methods that will help you answer your query - The Epson ET 2750 Printer Offline problem.
UNCHECK USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION:
- First, reboot your Epson ET 2750 printer.
- Ensure that the printer is plugged into your computer.
- Also, make sure that the printer is connected to your router's network.
- Turn on your computer and log in to the Admin account.
- Open the Run dialog box and type “Control Panel”
- In the Control Panel window, set view by: Large icons.
- Click on Devices and Printers to view the list of printers on your network.
- Right-click on your Epson ET 2750 printer and select See what's printing.
- Click on the Printer tab and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
- Finish these steps and check whether the Epson ET 2750 Printer Offline issue is solved or not.
START THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE:
Due to print spooler service, a user might face offline issues with their printer. Follow the below steps to rectify the printer offline problem.
- Open the Run box and type services.msc
- Click OK to open the Windows Services window.
- From there, go to the Print Spooler option.
- In case you find that the status is stopped, right-click on the Print Spooler option and click the Start option to resume the service.
- Close the window, and check whether your printer is working fine like before.
SET THE PRINTER AS THE DEFAULT ONE:
Go to the Control Panel window.
Click Devices and Printers.
Locate your Epson ET 2750 printer.
Right-click on it and select Set as default printer.
Now, you can see a green checkmark on your printer icon.
By performing the above steps, you can resolve the Epson ET 2750 Printer Offline issue.
REINSTALL YOUR EPSON PRINTER:
- Press Windows and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.mscand hit Enter.
- Locate your Epson printer.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and click Uninstall.
- Now, go to the Control Panel window.
- Select Large icons.
- Click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the blank space and click Add a printer.
- Click Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Tick Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the IP address and Port name of your printer, and click Next.
- Finally, restart your computer.
CHECK THE OVERALL CONNECTIONS:
- Checking the overall printer connections is one of the best troubleshooting steps.
- A damaged cable can also lead to an offline printer issue.
- Epson recommends you use USB cables that have twisted-pair wiring and are not more than 6 feet long.
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that your printer is connected to the right network.
- Ensure that your PC's firewall setting is not blocking the network connection.
- Epson also recommends checking the printer's LCD screen for any possible error messages.
- If you havet changed the cartridge system for quite a long time, then do change it right away.
- Sometimes, the printer offline issue could be due to a paper jam.
- If that is the case, then gently pull the paper tray and remove the jammed paper.
- Once you have checked all the printer connections, run a print test.
DISABLE THE FIREWALL ON YOUR PC:
If you have the firewall software enabled, try to disable it on your PC.
In case you are not sure how to disable it, contact your firewall provider to get more help.
So, these are some of the troubleshooting steps that will help you fix the Epson ET 2750 Printer Offline issue. If you come across any doubts, without any hesitation, call our technicians.