Troubleshoot Dell Printer Offline Mac Issue
Do These Checks Initially:
The Dell printer offline issue on Mac can be fixed easily. To clear the issue, you should follow this page and see the methods given below. This offline issue occurs when the printer driver is corrupted, or the printer’s cable connections are damaged. Let’s see how to solve the Dell Printer Offline Mac.
Steps to check the printer setup:
- Make sure that the Dell printer is turned ON and check if the power cord is connected.
- If the power cord is damaged, remove the old power cord and plug in the new one.
- Place the printer near the router and check the router’s wired connection. If these conditions are satisfied, and the Dell Printer Offline issue still occurs, restart the router.
- Make sure that the Mac computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Uninstall the old printer driver from Mac.
- Now, download and then install the latest driver from the Dell official support website.
- If the above steps do not work, restart your Dell printer and Mac computer.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Dell Printer Offline Mac & gets resolved.
Resolve The issue
Steps to resume printing on Mac:
- If you try to print a job on your Mac and can’t print the document, your print job might be paused. If too many print jobs are in line, the Mac automatically stops printing. Let’s see how to clear this issue.
- On the Dock, click and then open the printer icon to open the printer queue screen.
- Click the green Resume button at the top of the screen.
- Now, your printer will normally print from the Mac computer.
- If the Dell printer icon is not visible on the Dock, follow the below steps.
- Click the Apple icon and then choose System Preferences.
- Select your Dell printer from the list in the System Preferences window and then click Open Printer Queue.
- On the Printer Queue screen, click Resume.
Once done, you will have resolved the Dell Printer Offline Mac issue. If not, proceed with the next set of troubleshooting fixes.
Steps to reset and add your printer on Mac:
- Click the Apple menu icon on the Mac computer and then click System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- In the Printers & Scanners window, press and hold the Control key or double-click on the left side printers’ list and select Reset printing system.
- If prompted, click Reset.
- Enter your Mac administrator name and password in the respective fields on the next screen and then click OK.
- After the resetting process is complete, the list of printers and scanners will be empty.
- Now, try to add new printers and scanners on your Mac.
- On the same Printers & Scanners screen, click the + icon and add the Dell printer.
- In most cases, Mac uses Apple AirPrint to connect the printer automatically to the computer.
- If your Dell printer does not support Apple AirPrint, you can install the printer driver from the official website.
- Once the printer is added, check whether the Dell printer offline on Mac issue is resolved.
Follow the methods as described in this article to fix the Dell Printer Offline Mac issue in simple steps.