How To Fix Canon Printer Offline On Windows And MAC Issue?
Common Reasons For Printer Offline
The Canon Printer Offline issue occurs mostly due to the following reasons:
- The connectivity problem between your device and the printer may turn the printer offline.
- Faulty or damaged USB cable.
- Outdated printer driver or any other software.
Ensure the following before proceeding the troubleshooting steps.
- Check the connection between your printer & computer and ensure network connectivity.
- Do not establish the power connection using a surge protector as it can cause power fluctuations.
When you see the printer offline or a relevant message on your computer, restart your printer, computer, router. Now, check if the printer is detected by your computer. Else, follow the methods mentioned below to fix the Canon Printer Offline on Windows and MAC issue.
Canon printer offline issue (Windows 10/8)
- In Windows 10, select the Start menu on your device, go to the Settings options, and choose the Device tab under the Settings.
- In Windows 8, select Control Panel under the Settings.
- Click on Hardware and Sound followed by Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Canon Printer icon, select the Use Printer Online from the drop list.
- Otherwise, hold the Windows key on your computer and press R.
- Wait for the Run dialog box to appear. Type Control Printers on the Run box.
- Right-click on the Canon printer icon and select See what's printing from the drop list.
- Under the Printer menu, unselect the Use Printer Offline.
Canon printer offline issue (Mac)
Go to the Apple menu and select System preferences > Printers & Scanners.
Press the Ctrl key and right-click on the Printer & Scanners window and select the Reset printing system on your device.
Push on the '+' button and select your Canon printer. Allow the system to transfer, install, and add your Canon printer to Mac.
Reset your printer
- Turn on your printer and navigate to the Menu.
- Select the Setup option from the menu.
- Choose the Device option.
- Select the Reset option to reset your Canon printer.
- Select the Reset All option and complete the process.
Now, check if the Canon Printer Offline on Windows and MAC issue has been fixed. Still, if the Canon printer is offline, click the Call button for assistance.