Troubleshoot Canon Pixma TS6420 Printer Offline Issue
Do Checks Initially:
When the Canon printer is turned off or the Auto Power On setting is disabled in the Canon IJ Status Monitor, you will see the 'Printer is offline' message.
Sometimes, you may see the printer being offline in the Control Panel window on your Windows computer. This generally occurs when there is a communication issue between your printer and computer. Here, we have given solutions to fix the Canon Pixma TS6420 Printer Offline issue.
Perform the following methods one-by-one until the error Canon Pixma offline gets resolved.
Checking the printer connection
- First, check if your printer is turned off. If Yes, check the power cord and restart your printer.
- Next, check the USB cable connected between your printer and computer. Verify if the cable is firmly connected at both end ports.
- In case you have connected your printer and computer over a wireless network, check the network status by printing the network setting information.
- If necessary, you can use the IJ Network Device Setup Utility to diagnose and repair the network connection issues.
- After fixing the connection issues, try printing a test page remotely from your computer to check if the problem is resolved.
- If your still shows Canon Pixma TS6420 Printer Offline, proceed to the next solution.
Once done, you will have resolved the Canon Pixma TS6420 Offline issue. If not, proceed with the next set of troubleshooting fixes.
Set printer as default
Performing a restart on the Print Spooler is a guaranteed way to have the Canon Pixma back online.
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service, perform a right-click, and select the Restart option.
Check if this fixes the Canon Pixma TS6420 Printer Offline issue.
Deselect Use Printer Offline
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Right-click your printer's icon and select the See what's printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Now, restart your printer and computer and then recheck the printer status.
- If your Canon Pixma TS6420 printer status is still offline, restart the Print Spooler service.
Follow the methods as described in this article to fix the Canon Pixma TS6420 Printer Offline issue in simple steps.