Canon MX870 Printer Offline
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps
You won’t be able to print or perform any other tasks from Canon MX870, mainly because of Canon Pixma MX870 Printer Offline status. You can try to make some adjustments to the printer’s settings. There are some good in-built troubleshooters for the present version of Windows OS. These in-built troubleshooters can help to resolve more than the Printer Offline notifications. However, some troubleshooting methods will make sure to bring the Canon MX870 Printer back to online status. Initially, check if your Canon Pixma MX870 Printer is turned on. If it is turned on, then check the connections between the printer and your computer. Moreover, you can print a test page on the printer and make sure the printer can print without the computer. Now, restart Canon MX870 and the computer to see if the Canon MX870 Printer Offline issue still exists. If yes, then make use of the troubleshooting methods given below.
Disable Offline Feature In Canon MX870
Open the Control Panel window on your computer.
Click the Devices and Printers option from the Control Panel window.
You will see the list of the printer(s) connected to your computer.
Now, you have to perform a right-click on the Canon MX870 printer and select the See what's printing?
See if you have any pending print jobs and make sure to remove them from the printer queue.
Click the Canon Pixma MX870 Printer. Now, disable the option Use Printer Offline.
Check if the Canon MX870 Printer Offline issue has been fixed and working properly without any issues.
Set Canon MX870 As Default Printer
- One more troubleshooting step is you need to check if the Canon MX870 Printer is set as the Default Printer.
- If you are working with Windows 8 or 10, you can make the Canon MX870 printer default by the following steps.
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Open the Control Panel window by searching it using the search box.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Hardware and Sound option and then click the option Devices and Printers.
- Now, perform a right-click on the Canon MX870 Printer and select the option Set as default printer.
- The Canon Printer Offline support will also solve issues like Canon MX870 Printer unable to scan documents & Printer Wireless Connect.
Now, the Canon MX870 Printer Offline issue should be fixed.