Power cycle your Canon Printer
- Turn off the Canon MG4200 printer.
- After a few minutes, turn on the printer.
Check the connection
- Check the connection between the printer and your computer.
- If necessary, re-establish the connection between the printer and the computer.
If the Canon MG4200 Printer Offline issue persists, proceed with the following steps.
Change printer status
Depending on your computer’s Operating System, perform the instructions to change the printer status.
On Windows 7 :
- Click the Start icon and choose the Devices and Printers.
- Right-click the Canon MG4200 printer icon and click the See What’s Printing.
- Click the Printer.
- If the Use Printer Offline is selected, deselect it.
On Windows 10, 8, or 8.1 :
To open the Run box, hold the Win and R keys together.
Enter control printers in the Open
Once you right-click the Canon MG4200 printer icon, choose the See what’s printing.
In the Printer tab, deselect the Use Printer Offline
Check if the Canon MG4200 Printer Offline problem has been resolved.
Set as default printer
- Launch Control Panel and click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer icon and then choose the Set as Default Printer option to set Canon MG4200 as the default printer.
Restart the Print Spooler service
- Enter services in the Windows search bar.
- Choose the Services option from the search result.
- In the Services window, right-click the Print Spooler service and click the Restart.
- Note: If the Restart option is greyed out, select the Start.
- Return to the Services.
- Right-click the Print Spooler service and click Properties.
- Choose Automatic from the Startup type.
- Save the altered settings by clicking the OK.
Update the printer driver
- Type the msc command in the Run box and click the OK button.
- Navigate to the Print Queues.
- Find the Canon MG4200 printer and right-click it.
- Choose the Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically option and restart the computer.
- If the Canon MG4200 Printer Offline problem persists, go to step 7.
Reinstall the printer driver
- Launch the Run box and enter msc.
- When the Device Manager window appears, expand the Print queues section and click the Uninstall device.
- Download the latest Canon Printer version from the manufacturer's website and install it on the computer.
If you need assistance in resolving the Canon MG4200 Printer Offline problem, you can contact our support members at any time.