Solved: Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline
Simple Steps To Get Brother MFC J6920DW Online
If you see Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline error while connecting printer to computer , you can troubleshoot the problem using various methods. If they do not work, you can try the power cycle method.
To bring your printer back to the online state from the offline mode, follow the below methods and fix this issue on both Windows and Mac.
- If there is any problem while connecting the Brother printer to the wireless network, follow these steps to solve the issue easily. At times, if your printer is not properly connected to the wireless network or to your computer, the Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline issues might pop up.
- Make sure the Brother device is turned ON.
- Check if the router is connected to the network.
- Make sure the router cable is not damaged; if the cable is damaged, reconnect the router and the modem with a new Ethernet cable.
- Now, restart your modem and router.
- On the Windows computer, uninstall the old drivers.
- Download and install the latest driver from the official Brother website.
- In the Setup Wizard, click the Wireless connection radio button and select the Brother printer from the available printer list.
- Now, your Brother printer is connected to the wireless network, and you can print normally.
- If the same problem occurs, follow the below methods to solve this issue.
Printer offline issue on Windows:
- Make sure the Brother printer is turned ON and check if there is any error message on the control panel.
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon and then select the Settings option.
- In the Settings window, locate and select Devices.
- Next, click Printers and scanners.
- Search for your Brother printer in the Printers and scanners window.
- Choose your Brother printer and then click Open queue.
- Now, a new dialog box will appear; click the Printer tab.
- Under the Printer tab, uncheck the Use Printer Offline and Pause Printing options.
- If the printer is not set as the default printer, your printer might go offline.
- Click the Printer tab and then select Set as default printer.
Printer offline issue on Mac:
On the Mac computer, click the Apple menu icon -> System Preferences -> Print & Scan.
Click the '+' icon on the left side of the screen.
Now, click the Default icon at the top of the screen.
Locate and select your Brother printer from the list.
Click the Use drop-down box and then select Brother xxxxx CUPS from the list, where 'xxxxx' is the model number of your printer.
Now, the Brother MFC J6920DW Printer Offline error is fixed, and you can print easily on the Mac computer.