Brother DCP L2550DW Printer Offline
Get Back Brother Printer Online
A Brother printer going offline could be a communication error and this problem can be quite annoying.
You can’t print on the Brother DCP L2550DW printer because of it being offline. In this article, we’ll be discussing how to overcome Brother DCP L2550DW Printer Offline.
If you ever come across the “Printer Offline” error, you can check the troubleshooting steps to see if they work for you.
How To Fix Brother DCP L2550DW Goes Offline?
Go through the troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the Brother DCP L2550DW Printer Offline error.
- Make sure your Brother Printer is connected to the power source and is turned on.
- Check for error messages like paper jams, paper feed, or toner cartridge replacement.
- If you have connected the Brother printer via USB, make sure the cable is secure between the printer and the computer.
If the above troubleshooting steps did not turn out to be useful, you can proceed to the following troubleshooting methods. The methods mentioned below are for Windows and Mac devices.
Brother Printer Offline Fix - Windows
Fix 1: Make Brother DCP L2550DW As Default Printer
If the printer is not set as the default one on your computer, this can be the reason for the Brother DCP L2550DW Printer keeps going offline. If you are working with OS Windows 8 or 10, you can make the printer as the default one by the following steps.
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Click the Hardware and Sound option and then click the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother printer and select the option Set as default printer.
Fix 2: Delete Print Jobs
The next method would be to delete all the pending print jobs you have on the Brother printer queue.
- Open Control Panel on your computer.
- In the Control Panel window, click the Hardware and Sound option and then click the option Devices and Printers.
- Do a right-click on the Brother DCP L2550DW printer and select the option See what’s printing.
- Delete the pending print jobs in the list.
These steps for Windows users will help you in resolving the Brother DCP L2550DW printer if it is offline.
Brother Printer Offline Fix - Mac
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- When the list opens, click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the Brother printer that is offline.
- Click the Print tab.
- Below the printer, you will find three sections.
- In the Kind section, make sure the Brother DCP L2550DW printer is seen.
- At the bottom, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the Brother printer from the list.